Virtual Desktops aren’t just a money-saver for businesses. They can create a better, faster experience for your everyday users. Here are seven reasons why a virtual desktop can improve user productivity and satisfaction.
- Virtual desktops give you the flexibility to support different types of users. With virtual desktops, you can specify different CPU, RAM and hard disk space and applications for different types of users: “power” users can have different specifications than a “typical” user configuration.
- Virtual desktops can be accessed from any device. Users can access their desktops from a thin or zero client device, a mobile device (including iOS andAndroid) or even through a web browser on another desktop computer.
- Virtual desktops support everything an end user expects from their device today: printing, USB device pass-through and multi-media redirection (allowing for seamless audio and video experience, such as microphones and webcams).
- Using PCoIP technology, virtual desktops present a high quality, high resolution desktop of up to 2560x1600 directly to your device.
- Virtual desktops can support up to four monitors.
- Virtual desktops are typically much faster than a user’s current processing power. Because clients connect to their virtual desktops through a powerful, primary Internet connection that runs directly from the Virtual Systems data center to your location(s), users typically experience a signifcant upgrade in response and download time without needing a new device.
- User downtime due to hardware failures is eliminated. In the event of a device failure, users simply log in to a different device.